Several people take asked me "where is the money musculus?" and "where practise I pull the plough-in meat from a pork butt?" Then I decided to accept a few pictures – and shoot a short video – to explain where the money muscle in pork butts really are.

These cantankerous sections pictures will assist you understand exactly where I'thou getting the all-time samples. It's the all-time way to get a clear view of the money muscle and tubes. The beginning surface area I concentrate on is what is referred to as "The Money Muscle". This function of the butt is very tender and marbled with fat that is easily rendered. What is left is moist, melt-in-your mouth goodness. It'south what wins checks and the trophies. That's why it's coined "The Money Muscle". It's really part or the beginning of the loin. The money muscle is located high on the shoulder, and I'm sure anybody has heard of "Eating Loftier on the Hog"….well this is what they're talking about. This office of the hog doesn't become worked as difficult as the other areas, then it makes since for these muscles to be more tender. The easiest fashion to locate the coin muscle is to discover the bone and go to the opposite side. When looking for the perfect butt, it can exist hard to visualize through the cryovac packaging. What I practise is feel for the bone so work my hands completely effectually the money muscle. If it feels house and runs across the entire face of the butt and then information technology'southward probably a pretty good cutting. I always get foreign looks when people run across me digging through the meat libation squeezing on butts! The adjacent expanse I concentrate on is the meat effectually the blade bone. This meat absorbs flavor from the bone during the cooking procedure and has perfect texture. The os radiates heat and helps it to cook evenly, and so it's always in my turn-in box. I pull the meat from the "Y" of the os off in large chunks, so the bark can be showcased. The rest of the meat adjacent to the bone gets pulled and tossed with a lilliputian sauce. The last area that I focus on is the "tubes". These small-scale muscles run across the butt merely behind the money muscle. They're also very tender and tin be hands packed with flavor from an injection. The fat that surrounds these tubes renders away and leaves delicate plugs of meat that are ripe for the picking. So the next fourth dimension you melt a pork barrel – for competition or only in your backyard – yous will know exactly where the best parts come from. So y'all tin can save those parts for the judges – or for yourself. And if you concentrate on these areas when you build a blind-box, it will meliorate technique. Malcom Reed Connect on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Find me on Google+ Follow me on Instagram Buy Killer Hogs Products Here